AIRA's Diploma of Investor Relations offers practical insights into the contemporary role of investor relations (IR) and provides valuable learning which participants can apply in their role. Developed in consultation with industry experts, the course covers the essentials every IR professional requires for day-to-day work.
Day 1: Stand-alone course
Day one has been specifically designed as a stand-alone course for those new or recently appointed to their first IR role. By the end of the day, participants will have the tools and techniques to run an annual IR program within the myriad regulations and understand the needs of all stakeholders.
Day 2-3: Intensive course
Days two and three have been developed as an intensive course for experienced investor relations professionals or individuals who have completed day one as a stand-alone course. A combination of presentations and case studies assist practitioners to explore recent developments and current IR priorities and trends.
On completing all three days of the course, participants may undertake a one-hour online exam. On passing this exam individuals will be awarded with a Diploma of Investor Relations by the Australasian Investor Relations Association and may use DipInvRel post-nominals.
Who is the course for?
Whether you’re at the beginning of your IR career or have years of experience under your belt, this qualification course ensures that your skills are developed in-line with industry best practice.
The course is suited to:
- Individuals currently working in an IR role/team that have not completed the Diploma of Investor Relations
- Individuals actively seeking their first IR role
- Individuals who are new to the IR profession
- buy and sell-side analysts who have moved into an IR role,
- legal, finance, or communications professionals who have moved into and IR role, and
- consultants advising on best practice Investor Relations.
What will I achieve by doing this Course?
Students who complete the course are assured of an industry recognised qualification that puts them in good stead to futureproof their IR career. On completing the course, students may choose to work towards becoming a Certified Investor Relations Officer (CIRO) professional designation, a trust mark of a senior investor relations professional.
What’s included in the course?
- Three days of face-to-face intensive learning
- Industry recognised formal examination
- Formal Diploma of Investor Relations qualification certificate
- The ability to use the DipInvRel post-nominals
- The ability to apply for the AIRA's Certified Investor Relations Officer professional designation on the basis that all the CIRO eligibility criteria is met.