About AIRA's Certified Investor Relations Officer Program
As capital markets continue to evolve, disclosure requirements and expectations of listed entities also grow, and investor relations has shifted from that of a compliance and communications role to a more highly accountable strategic advisor and conduit between the company and the market. The increasing importance now being placed on this role and industry professionals necessitates the need for enhanced ethical and professional standards.
AIRA’s CIRO program seeks to support and recognise higher-level performance and the greater demands being placed on industry professionals through a specific program and a commitment to audited Continuing Professional Development.
The intent of the certification is to enhance the standing of senior practitioners and build confidence amongst C-Suite, Board and capital markets stakeholders in the role and individuals holding the CIRO designation.
Why is Certification Important?
Certification should provide:
- Confidence across the company executive and the Board in the IRO’s views and guidance
- A higher standard of conduct
- A demonstrated commitment to professional development of IROs,
recognising the importance of the CIRO who can give “the likely view of
the market and key stakeholders"
Key benefits to IRO’s
On completion of the CIRO program, certification holders will be able to:
- Use post-nominals "CIRO"
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development
- Encourage innovation and shared learning amongst CIRO peers
- Become part of an elite network of industry professionals.