About the Company
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse team of more than 13,000 across the world. It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the Role
We are delighted to announce that we are currently seeking applications for a 12-month fixed term opportunity for an experienced Manager - Investor Relations. As a Manager – Investor Relations, your skills and experience are essential to delivering investor relations solutions. In this highly visible and critical role, you will be responsible for creating shareholder value by understanding market dynamics, analysing broker reports, modelling and clearly communicating to senior decision makers including our Executive Committee, CFO, CEO and Board of Directors. As a member of our dynamic, high performing team, you will partner with cross functional teams including Finance and Corporate Development to ensure that our company’s progress is understood and delivered to the investment community.
What you will be doing
- Prepare quality and timely communication collateral for investors including all back up material and Q&As to support the half and full year results.
- Coordinate market facing communication activity, responding to investor / analyst queries, attend investor meetings when required and proactively analyse and manage discussions on specific issues.
- Preparation and delivery of investor events and projects aimed at influencing investor decisions (investor day, site visits).
- Manage the development and ongoing updates of the investor presentation and other external materials.
- Maintain strong company and sector expertise.
- Analyse broker reports and update consensus on a timely analysis.
- Analyse monthly shareholder register composition and support in developing new offshore investor targeting plan.
- Developing strong relationships with investors and professional investment community.
What you will bring
- Role ideally suited to individuals with a minimum of (10) years’ experience in investor relations, (leverage finance/M&A) or business analysis, planning and reporting.
- Strong strategic and commercial acumen, with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present strategic logic, coupled with the ability to present to senior key stakeholders.
- Advanced MS Excel based financial modelling capabilities.
- Proven conceptual, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, economics, finance or equivalent (post-graduate highly regarded).
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills. You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Applications should be lodged directly through the Orica careers platform and will be received up until midnight, 28 April 2023. For further information, please contact Richard Cudlipp, Lead – Talent & Sourcing at Orica Limited on +61 3 9665 7754 or email [email protected].