Endeavour Group has been operating as a demerged, stand alone ASX company for two years. It is a unique business, with no direct peers in Australia. As Australia’s largest operator of retail liquor and hotels, among many other exciting businesses including wine and drinks production, we interact with numerous stakeholders including investors, governments, regulators and policymakers in many ways. We have bottle shops, pubs, accommodation and wineries stretching across nearly every community in Australia. We employ 30,000 people across diverse professions from retail and hospitality to viticulture and data science.
About the Role:
The General Manager Investor Relations will report to the Endeavour Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The GM IR will be a strong partner to the Endeavour Group executive team and the Board, and a respected representative of Endeavour with the external financial analyst and investor community. To achieve this, the GM IR will take a business-focused and relationship-oriented approach, adding value through strategic and commercial insight.
Given the diversity and scale of the business, its position as the largest integrated drinks and hospitality business in Australia, and the challenging and dynamic nature of its operations, this is an exciting position for a suitably qualified senior executive.
- Acting as strategic and trusted advisor to the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership team and Board on investor matters.
- Managing relationships and communication with Endeavour Group’s shareholders, analysts, proxy advisors and credit rating agencies.
- Identifying relevant investor and analyst groups/individuals with whom Endeavour Group needs to build, develop and then maintain relationships, including targeting specific investor groups as required.
- Acting as the first point of contact, primary spokesperson and relationship manager for investor and analyst groups/individuals on behalf of Endeavour Group.
- Working with Endeavour’s Finance, Corporate affairs, Marketing, Strategy and Executive teams to evolve Endeavour Group’s investor relations narrative and educate investors and analysts on key metrics and strategy.
- Developing and delivering key events such as results announcements, investor roadshows, investor days, Annual General Meetings as well as day-to-day ASX announcements.
- Support and/or lead the production of key investor materials such as the Annual Report, Sustainability Report, investor newsletters, presentation packs and other materials as required.
- Managing the compliance and disclosure obligations of Endeavour Group.
- Collaborating with all parts of the organisation on market facing information to ensure consistency across external stakeholder groups.
- Providing strategic advice and counsel on key issues for the Group such as ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) or investor activism etc, as they pertain to Endeavour Group’s business, investors and shareholders.
- Embedding a strong performance and risk management culture.
- Leading and developing the capability of others through effective coaching, mentoring, professional development and performance management.
Qualifications and Skills:
You are an authentic leader, with highly developed communication and influencing skills who engages easily at all levels. A strong sense of purpose compliments your commercial acumen. Comfortable with leading through change, you have strong executive presence and intellectual acuity.
Proven investor relations experience in a major ASX listed company.
Excellent existing relationships in the investor, analyst and financial community.
Excellent negotiation skills and diplomacy both with internal and external stakeholders.
Commercially savvy with outstanding financial literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships.
- Proven ability to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated advocacy and stakeholder management skills, especially with investors.
- Effective and exceptional written and verbal skills. Excellent presenter.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage pressure well.
- Intellectual curiosity and agility as well as a high level of emotional intelligence.
- A relevant finance degree.
- We offer flexible working in every sense.
- An exclusive discount card for BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Woolworths, BIG W and other Endeavour Group brands, including our ALH pubs.
- A range of free services to help you live well and support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Multiple career development pathways.
Applications should be lodged through the Endeavour Group Recruitment Portal.
For more information about this role, please contact:
Thomas Brown, Talent Lead - Group Functions,
Endeavour Group Limited
E: [email protected]
T: 0410 425 480